Search This Blog

Monday 19 September 2011

I've had an interesting couple of weeks and been busy thinking about Imprint for the fabelists. I'm getting close to saying what I want to say!!! I went to Northampton market and worked with Fran and Mathew. Had a good day and really had to push my self to be spontaneous....
I am in talks about a collaboration with Fran which is going well and think we can produce something interesting. I have been keeping the emails and mulling things over.
Went to see "Sexy Beast" @ the natural history museum Very disappointed not really sure a great deal of thought had gone into the project. We did however stumble upon

Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 
Designed by Peter Zumthor 
1 July – 16 October 2011

Really amazing space. Well worth a stumble...

Dave and I also went to the show 'Sloppy Women' @ the Sauna Gallery. The work was ok but not inspiring? I met Rosey one of the artists while looking for 'Print club' along Hoxton street. I gave her a card and she recognized my work fron studio1.1 and Supernormal.
Then we went to studio1.1 'Rear View Mirror' The work looks at the Cable Street Mural. This show is well worth a look and so inspiring not only does this Mural show the history and marks the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Cable street but it also shows the murals own history from vandalism a  running out of money,  to the story of the people who painted the Mural.  

No comments:

Post a Comment