Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Fabelist





Imprint, Impression, Stamp

Hi My name Is Joshua Raffell I am Fabelist Artist of the month and Artist In Residence @ studio1.1, Redchurch st, London. http://www.studio1-1.co.uk/

I’m really looking forward to giving and receiving feedback and possible collaborations.

I started making this work a couple of days ago. Inspired by The beheading of St John The Baptist. Despite this turning into one of those horribly naff masks from the

eighties. One of the first issues I have is the title The first thing that came to mind is ‘Be Careful What You Wish For’ Then I thought of ‘Be careful What You Wank Over” Open to ideas and suggestions…

Feel I should include Titles of other works:

Masturbating Marv

Suzie The Self Sucking Satyr

Arnie The Arse fingering Hybrid

My Stamp or impression has evolved into a wanking “puppet” that the viewer is able to interact with For me the Masturbation is symbolic of being comfortable within yourself and liking your own company. I also build these armatures onto a bike trailer taking something very private out into the Public. I’m inspired by Nathalie Djurberg, Paul Mccarthy, Delaine Le Bas & Annette Messager.

No comments:

Post a Comment